FAQ | T&C
Carbon Art Boards FAQ
A few answers to question we are often asked. Have a question that’s not answered? Then be sure to drop us a message.
Can I buy a Carbon Art board from a windsurf shop?
Not usually, but we do have several Carbon Art Representatives all around the world – they can offer demos and organise your board order for you (possibly saving extra on freight!).
Contact us to find your closest CA Representative.
Why do I have to wait for my board to be made?
We specialise in hand made windsurfing boards, using premium materials and a whole lot of extra time spent getting each individual board just perfect. As an added bonus it makes our production a little greener – we only produce what is needed and create minimal waste.
This however does mean our production process is more time consuming and costly than standard production windsurf boards out there and doesn’t fit the usual stockpiled production model.
But the end result is worth waiting for!
Are Carbon Art windsurf boards really better?
We may be a little biased but we have some good reasons to be so confident in our boards.
- Over 20 years design and board building knowledge and experience
- Consistently outstanding feedback from windsurfers around the world
- Top end materials and construction for outstanding board life
- Lighter + Stronger than most
- Multiple International level Slalom winning results
- Multiple International level Speed winning results
- Multiple International level Wave winning results
- No marketing gimmicks – we simply spend our time & effort making the best boards possible
- Windsurfing is our life – we ride what you ride.
Are Carbon Art boards all 100% carbon?
Yes & No.
Pro model race boards feature a more complete carbon composite build. We specialise in carbon composites, but it’s important to recognise that while carbon is an outstanding material, it’s not always suitable for all areas.
Carbon is combined with other leading edge materials such as Innegra and S-Glass in specifica layups. This allows us to control the flex, strengthen areas for different types of impact and control the structural performance of each board to best suit it’s design.
Is there a discount for ordering more than 1 board?
Yes! Multiple board orders are eligible for discounted freight pricing and possible additional discounts. Let us know what boards you’re thinking of ordering and we can let you know the exact savings.
Order with a friend and save!
How much is it to send a board to...
We always endeavour to find the best possible freight price we can.
Due to ever changing freight prices and currency rates – we prefer to provide exact pricing for your order/enquiry.
Simply fill out the order/enquiry form on your windsurf board of interest and we’ll get back to you with the best current pricing.
(New Zealand orders are freight free!)
How are boards delivered?
Boards orders are air freighted using multiple reliable providers.
This allows us to offer the best price & flexibility to suit your needs.
Boards can be delivered direct to your door or to a location of your preferenc
Can I be a Carbon Art Team Rider?
Possibly! If you’re a passionate windsurfer that shares our vision we’d love to hear from you –
Contact us and send us some info about you, some images/video/results and how you think we could work together!
Can I be a Carbon Art Representative?
Possibly! If you’re as passionate about windsurfing and promoting the sport as we are we’d love to hear from you –
Contact us and send us some info about you and your background we can talk about how we can work together to grow Carbon Art in your area.
Check out our awesome Board Range and select the board that’s right for you.
At the bottom of every board model page you’ll find the order form, choose your model size, along with construction option & graphic finish.
Not sure which one to choose? You can use the same form to enquire and you’ll get one on one advice from the board designer themselves!
When we receive your order you will be assigned an order number and given payment information for the required 50% deposit.
Once deposit payment (or full amount) has been received by Carbon Art, your board will be added to the production process in our New Zealand Factory!
If you sent an enquiry, we’ll respond with advice and tips on which board would suit you best. Once this is discovered, the order process continues as above.
Sit back, relax, browse the Carbon Art website, join the Forums and talk/dream windsurfing.
Allow up to 8-10 weeks (from order) for your board to be produced.
Once your board is completed, the remainder payment is required (unless already paid in full) and your board will be carefully packaged and sent.
Delivery time is dependant on country, but usual timeline for Europe is 1 week.
Unpack your Carbon Art box when it arrives.
Attach your footstraps while admiring the workmanship.
Attach your rig.
Sail, and experience the best windsurfing of your life!. (repeat this step as often as possible)
And if you find some time off the water – tag some photos for the Carbon Art Riders wall!
Terms & ConditionsThe fine print
In the unlikely event your board appears to have manufacturing defects, please contact Carbon Art as soon as possible with description and images of fault. Once your issue has been reviewed your board must be returned to Carbon Art Int. without delay for immediate inspection. Product will be replaced or repaired at Carbon Art Int.’s discretion.
Carbon Art Int. will, upon your request, repair or replace any product that is received in damaged condition as a result of shipping damage. Please contact Carbon Art as soon as possible with description and images of fault. No product will be accepted or replacements issued without prior approval to return such products. Filing of claims will be our responsibility.
Programs and data can be downloaded at one’s own risk. Carbon Art is not liable for any losses caused by installing or using software from the download area, as far as is legally permissible. Carbon Art will maintain up-to-date virus checks but we exclude any liability for losses, damages or adverse effects resulting from computer viruses within the scope of the legal regulations.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
In an attempt to provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or the content (including misrepresentative or defamatory content) of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, products or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such external sites or resources.
We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any activity and content associated with the Website. We may investigate any reported violation of these Conditions or complaints and take any action that we deem appropriate (which may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, terminating or attaching conditions to your access and/or removing any materials from the Website).
We respect your personal information and undertake to comply with applicable Data Protection legislation.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities, or upon receipt of a court order, to provide your Personal Information and/or information concerning your activities whilst using the Website we shall do so; and We reserve the right in our reasonable discretion to disclose details of your use of the Website in relation to any, or any threatened, Court Proceedings in connection with your use, or the use of anyone under your control, of the Website whether in connection with the matters set out in these Conditions or otherwise.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND RIGHT TO USE
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of the Website shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us. The Website is Copyright, Carbon Art Int. All rights reserved.
You may send us notices under or in connection with these Conditions: by email to [email protected].
As proof of sending does not guarantee our receipt of your notice, you must ensure that you have received an acknowledgement from us, which will be sent within 3 working days of our receipt and should be retained by you.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- WHILE WE WILL USE REASONABLE ENDEAVOURS TO VERIFY THE ACCURACY OF ANY INFORMATION WE PLACE ON THE WEBSITE, WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED IN RELATION TO ITS ACCURACY.
- The Website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any representation or endorsement. Unless specified in separate terms and conditions related to a particular product or service, we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Website, or products or services offered on the Website whether by us or on our behalf (including free software downloads) including but not limited to, implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, condition or completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade.
- Unless specified in separate terms and conditions related to a particular product or service, we make no warranty that the Website or products or services offered on the Website whether by us or on our behalf (including free software downloads) will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Website or the server that makes it available or products or services offered on the Website whether by us or on our behalf (including free software downloads) are free of viruses or bugs or are fully functional, accurate, or reliable. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material as a result of uploading to or downloading from the Website.
- Notwithstanding any other provision in the Conditions, nothing shall limit your rights as a consumer under New Zealand law.
- You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee and therefore shall not be in any way responsible for the security or privacy of the Website and any information provided to or taken from the Website by you.
- We will not be liable in contract, tort or otherwise if you incur loss or damage connecting to the Website through a third party’s hyper-text link.
- We will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Website or products or services offered on the Website whether by us or on our behalf (including free software downloads) for:
- 7.1 any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or
- 7.2 any loss of goodwill or reputation; or
- 7.3 any special or indirect or consequential losses; in any case whether or not such losses were within the contemplation of either of us at the date on which the event giving rise to the loss occurred.
- Nothing in the Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our servants, agents or employees.
These Conditions (as amended from time to time) contain the entire agreement between you and us relating to the subject matter covered and supersede any previous agreements, arrangements, undertakings or proposals, written or oral, between you and us in relation to such matters. No oral explanation or oral information given by either of us shall alter the interpretation of these Conditions. You confirm that, in agreeing to accept these Conditions, you have not relied on any representation save insofar as the same has expressly been made a representation in these Conditions and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any misrepresentation which has not become a term of these Conditions save that your agreement contained in this Clause shall not apply in respect of any fraudulent misrepresentation whether or not such has become a term of these Conditions.
The Conditions will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand whose Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute, save that we have the right, at our sole discretion, to commence and pursue proceedings in alternative jurisdictions.