Carbon Art Speed sailors have been charging of late and performance at the Weymouth Speed Week 2012 was no exception.
Daniel Borgelind riding the CA speed 63 took the honours at the 40th anniversary of the Weymouth Speed Week and marked a deserved victory for windsurfers against kiteboarders!
Borgelind sailed like a bullet recording the highest speed of the event with 33.174 knots, ahead of windsurfers Stephen Corps (32.969 knots) and fellow Swede speedster Anders Bjorkqvist (32.852 knots also on the CA SP63).
The tricky wind conditions didn’t stop everybody from enjoying a great week of speed sailing. The final days had the best winds and winners have been named in the several divisions.
In the Weymouth Speed Week, results are generated daily in “near-time”, when all of the competitor’s GT31 units have been collected after the day’s competition.
Congrats Daniel & Anders!
Kiteboarders were not able to reach the 30 knots’ mark. Martin Carter was the fastest kite rider with 29.123 knots, followed by Robert Campbell (28.467 knots) and Jeb Beresford (27.084 knots).
Fastest Sailors of the 2012 Weymouth Speed Week:
1. Daniel Borgelind – 33.174 (Windsurfing)
2. Stephen Corps – 32.969 (Windsurfing)
3. Anders Bjorkqvist – 32.852 (Windsurfing)
4. Bob Cunningham – 32.634 (Windsurfing)
5. Simon Cofield – 32.361 (Windsurfing)
25. Martin Carter – 29.123 (Kiteboarding)
27. Robert Campbell – 28.467 (Kiteboarding)
28. Jeb Beresford – 27.084 (Kiteboarding)