In 2010 Carbon Art are proud to support the Midwest Speed Quest, and would like to thank Craig Bergh who has been excellent to work with and Carbon Art look forward to further developments – news report below about the MSQ in 2010.
The MSQ would like to thank everyone who has participated in past years, and invite everyone back again in 2010. We have been working hard all winter long to make this Event even better.
The speeds recorded in this Event can be compared with speeds recorded anywhere in the world. We work closely with the Team at GPS Speed Surfing in Holland. These guys support all forms of Speed Sailing, including GPS Windsurfing, GPS Kiteboarding, and GPS Ice Sailing.
The “Economic Stimulus Package” was a success in 2009, and shall be repeated again in 2010.
The MSQ event shall run from April 15th to October 15th, 2010 on an open schedule. Pick a windy day that fits your schedule, and come on down. Let us help you with discounted Lodging and Great Food.
We have the best demo gear in the world for use by the visiting racers.
Please visit the MSQ Web Site for complete information: http://www.midwestspeedquest.com
Midwest Speed Quest 2010
This is the 6th year of the Midwest Speed Quest.
Every year we try to something new and different.
- This event is designed for sailors of all skill levels, from beginners to the top racers.
- This event is about Participation. We want Racers from ages 6 to 96!!!
- No matter your skill level, we will be there to get you started Speed Sailing right!!!
- As always, this event is FREE!!! There are no fees or charges. You may enter as many times as you like all season long. We want you to participate as often as you can.
- We will provide the GPS unit . The official GPS unit of the Midwest Speed Quest is the GT-31 by LOCOSYS Technology. This is the finest handheld GPS available. With over $1000 on the line, our racers will want to use the most precise GPS device available.
- New for 2010, there will a 500 Meter Alpha Racing Category – this is an event where your best average speed is measured through a jibe. This sounds complicated, but is really quite simple, and is easily calculated by the GPS Speed Software.
We want to reward those racers who have excellent technical skills on the Race Course. This is a unique way to rank the Racers on their jibing ability.
For 2009, the Top Alpha Speed was recorded by Ed Melechson of Omaha with a speed of 19.06 knots.
- New for 2010, we will recognize GPS Kiteboarding as a Speed Sailing Category. Cash and Prizes to be announced! During the Season, there will be a number of days designated specifically for this. Speeds shall be measured by the “Best Ten Second Interval”.
This Midwest Speed Quest runs on a completely flexible schedule over a 6 month period. You decide when you want to race. The National Weather Service Forecasts are extremely accurate up to 5 days in advance. Find a windy day that fits your schedule, let us know you are coming down. We will meet you on the Beach with a GPS ready to go. See the “NOTICE OF RACE” Page for more information.
There will also be a number of Scheduled race Days as well. On these days, we will provide free Refreshments and Snacks on the Beach, and a Hot Meal at the end of the day.
Spectators are always welcome. This is a great opportunity to meet the Windsurfers and find out more about this Sport.
Again in 2010, the Midwest Speed Quest has collaborated with Jeff Hegwer and the Therapeutic Winds Windsurfing School to provide free windsurfing lessons to interested youth. It is important to support and encourage new windsurfers. If you know of a young person who would appreciate a free lesson or perhaps cannot afford one, please contact Craig Bergh.
Sponsors are the ones who make this all possible. Please visit our “Sponsors Links” Page. As you buy your gear in 2009, please support the People and Companies who make this all possible.
Thanks to the generosity of our Sponsors, we have the highest Speed Sailing Prize Money in the USA. We also have lots of demo gear and prizes for visiting sailors from such fine companies as:
Carbon Art International, Windsurf Deal, Select Hydrofoils, KA Sail Australia, Vector Fins Maui, Murrays Wind and Water, Dakine, Chinook Sailing, Aquapac International, Gath Helmets Australia, Gusts.us, LOCOSYS Technology, Red Bull Energy Drink, Enxco Wnd Energy Services, Onit Pro Xtreme Cream, Windsport Magazine, Deb’s Healing Massage and Day Spa.
Visit the MSQ Web Site for complete information: http://www.midwestspeedquest.com